In order to keep the Members of The American Legion Family and the Community up to date on the current affairs of Liberty Post 122 during these extraordinary times, please find all current information listed here. If you have any questions please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations will be held at the May 13, 2020 General Membership Meeting at 7pm. This meeting will hopefully be able to be held in the Hall at the Post.
- Elections have be postponed, one month, until July 8, 2020 in order to allow more normalcy to return and allow us to hold elections in the Hall, pending actions from The Department of Maryland.
- Newly elected Officers for the 2020-21 Legion Year will take office within 20 days of the close of the Department Convention.
- The Executive Committee will be meeting May 6, in order to come to a finalize the full plan for Nominations and Elections.
- We are continuing to renew all Licenses and Permits as required by law.
- The Department of Maryland has POSTPONED the Department Convention until September 2020. More information to come on this by May 8.
- If you had reservations in Ocean City, MD for the July 2020 Convention, the Department is encouraging everyone to CANCEL these reservations.
- The DEC has voted to CANCEL the May DEC Meeting. The August DEC meeting will continue as scheduled.
- Boys State has been CANCELLED for the currently scheduled dates in June. The DEC and McDaniel College are looking into a later program of dates.
- The NEC has voted to CANCEL the National Convention at the August 2020.
- The NEC has voted to allow the National Officers for 2019-20 Legion Year to stay in office until the October 2021 NEC Meeting.
- National has CANCELLED The American Legion World Series.
- National has CANCELLED Boys Nation.
- National has CANCELLED Junior Shooting Sports.